Purpose of this notice
As a client or prospective client of First Actuarial, your personal data is used by us to keep you informed and develop our relationship with you.
This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you. We are required to notify you of this information under Data Protection Laws.
It is important that you read this privacy notice and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you. This privacy notice replaces any other notices we may have issued.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time.
First Actuarial will be the "data controller" of the personal information collected. This means we are responsible for deciding what personal data about you is needed and how it should be protected. Our contact details can be found at the end of this notice.
What personal data do we hold and use?
We hold personal data on you to enable us to:
- promote services offered by First Actuarial
- network, provide training and entertainment
- keep you informed of our activities
- provide information about the Firm, and its services
- provide information about developments with the industry
The information we hold on you may include:
- personal information including name, address, phone numbers and email address
- information related to your attendance at our events (for example, which events you attended, feedback, dietary requests etc)
- details of previous interaction with you
Why do we hold this information?
The lawful reasons we hold this data is for:
- Consent: for example, we will obtain your explicit consent when you sign up to receive our newsletters.
- Legitimate interest: for example, we have a legitimate interest in contacting you to offer our services, which enables us to maintain and build the business.
Where did we get information about you?
The personal data we hold about you was given to us by you, collected by your use of our systems or obtained with your express permission.
Where information may be held
Information may be held at our offices.
First Actuarial does not transfer data to any country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom when processing your personal data.
First Actuarial’s third-party suppliers may transfer data to, and store data at, a destination outside the EEA and the United Kingdom. First Actuarial will take all reasonably necessary steps to make sure that such data is treated securely.
Data may, incidentally, be available in countries outside the EEA, to senior members of staff who take mobile devices abroad and access email. All such data is held with the mobile device and is protected in line with our Information Security Policy which can be found on our website.
Who do we share information with?
Data may be shared by First Actuarial without reference where a legal obligation to provide the data applies.
First Actuarial will not share any personal information in this dataset with any other party (except where that party is acting as a sub-processor).
How long do we keep your data?
- Where you have consented to us holding your information, we will retain your details until such consent is withdrawn.
- If we have obtained your information from a publicly available source (for example your website) then we will hold your information for no more than one year after we have used it.
- If you are a professional contact of First Actuarial (eg. a client, an independent trustee or other firm) we will retain your data for no more than two years after you cease to be a contact of First Actuarial.
- If we have obtained your information from a third-party we will keep your data until you withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent either with the third-partly or with us.
You may ask for a copy of the information we hold on you. You may make this request by contacting us.
If, at any point, you believe the information we hold on you is wrong, you can ask us to correct it.
In some circumstances, you may also have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, to object to processing or to transfer or erase your personal data. You can obtain further information about these rights from the Information Commissioner’s Office at: www.ico.org.uk or via their telephone helpline (0303 123 1113).
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we handle your personal data, you can contact us at the address below, to have the matter investigated. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe the way we are processing your personal data is not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Keep us informed
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes.
You may contact us for further details on how we use your personal information, or with any other questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your rights.Data Protection
First Actuarial LLP