Purpose of this notice
First Actuarial LLP (referred to as “First Actuarial”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
As a client or prospective client of First Actuarial, your personal data is used by us to keep you informed and develop our relationship with you.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we hold about you and provides information on how we collect and process your personal data when you visit our website to sign up for our mailing lists, training courses, client entertainment and client conference.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. Any updates will be posted to this page.
First Actuarial LLP is the "data controller" of the personal information collected. This means we are responsible for deciding what personal data about you is needed and how it should be protected.
What personal data do we collect about you?
The information we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender
- Contact Data including address, email address and telephone numbers
- Profile Data including which events you attended, details of previous interactions with you and feedback and survey responses
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
"Special Categories" of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. We may process special categories of personal information with your explicit consent, for example if you tell us your dietary requirements.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which will include the following:
- To promote services offered by First Actuarial
- To network, provide training and entertainment
- To keep you informed of our activities
- To provide information about the First Actuarial, and its services
- To provide information about developments with the industry.
Who do we share information with?
Transfers outside the United Kingdom
How long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
However, generally speaking:
- if we have obtained your information from a publicly available source (for example your website) then we will hold your information for no more than one year after we have used it; or
- if you are a professional contact of First Actuarial (e.g. a client, an independent trustee or other firm) we will retain your data for no more than two years after you cease to be a contact of First Actuarial.
For more information on data retention periods, please refer to our Data Retention Policy and our specific privacy policies which can be viewed at https://privacy.firstactuarial.co.uk/Notices.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
You may contact us for further details on how we use your personal information, or with any other questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your rights, in the following ways:Data Protection
First Actuarial LLP
Last reviewed: 9 June 2022