Purpose of this notice
This notice is issued by First Actuarial. It gives you information on how we collect and process information about you and your membership of your pension schemes for the purpose of using the Retirement Planner.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we or your current or previous employers may provide on specific occasions, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time and any updates will be uploaded to the Retirement Planner.
First Actuarial will act as the data controller of the personal data provided to us. This means we are responsible for deciding what personal data about you is required, how it is used and how it should be protected.
How we look after your data
First Actuarial needs to hold some of your personal information in order for you to be able to use the Retirement Planner. We take data protection very seriously and we are committed to protecting the privacy of the people whose data we process. This privacy notice sets out what personal data we hold about you, the legal basis for using it, your rights, how we collect the data and use it and the safeguards that are in place to protect it. This is all so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
We realise this notice is quite long, so we’ve tried to help by summarising the main points here, but it would still be really useful for you to read the notice in full:
- We collect information in order for you to use the Retirement Planner;
- The information we have has been provided by you;
- We won’t share your information with anyone except for the purposes of providing feedback to your employer about the number of times that the Retirement Planner has been accessed;
- You can contact us at any time to request a copy of the data we hold for you.
The information you enter into the Retirement Planner will be saved so that you can access it the next time you login. You can amend this data as often as you like.
This privacy notice does not require any action from you; it is for information purposes only. However, if you do have any questions please contact us at the address shown below.
What personal data do we hold and use?
We hold your personal data to allow us to provide information to you on the income you may need and receive in retirement when you use the Retirement Planner.
The information we hold on you may include:
- Personal identifiers such as contact details (email address), your gender and your date of birth.
- Information on your pension scheme membership such as date joined scheme, date pensionable service commenced, category of membership, full-time or part-time employment, normal retirement age, normal retirement date and pension accrual rates. This can include information about other pension schemes.
- Contribution details such as contributions to the pension scheme and any additional voluntary contributions.
- Financial and investment information such as total accrued pension, total defined contribution pot, state pension forecast and details of any other savings that you might earmark for your retirement.
- Details of your employment history, including salary information.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and details of which version of web browser you used. Information on how you use the site using cookies.
Why do we hold this information?
The lawful reason we hold this data is because we have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our duty to our client to provide you with access to the Retirement Planner so that you can better understand your finances and the choices and options available to you at retirement.
Where did we get information about you?
The personal data we hold about you was given to us by you.
Who do we share information with?
We will not give your information to anybody else unless we are legally required to do so. In particular, we will not share your data with any other parties for marketing, market research or commercial purposes. We may share information with your employer for the purposes of providing feedback about the number of times the Retirement Planner has been accessed.
We will not transfer your data outside the United Kingdom or European Economic Area.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep information about you while we provide services to your current or previous employer. If they no longer require our services, we will keep a copy of the data for a minimum of one year and a maximum of seven years.
We never forget that your data belongs to you. Legislation gives you several rights so that you can understand and control how we use your data. You can:
- Ask us for a copy of the information we hold on you.
- Ask us to fix any information you believe is wrong.
- Ask us to stop using your data.
- Ask us to delete your data.
- Complain to us about how we use your data.
Whenever possible we will comply with your request. If we can’t comply with your request, we will let you know why. If you have any questions on how we use your data or are not happy with our use of your data, please get in touch with us. If you are still not happy with how we use your data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at: www.ico.org.uk or via their telephone helpline (0303 123 1113)
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we handle your personal data, you can contact us, to have the matter investigated. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe the way we are processing your personal data is not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
You may contact us for further details on how we use your personal information, or with any other questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your rights.
Data Protection 9th Floor