First Actuarial Careers
Purpose of this notice
First Actuarial LLP (referred to as “First Actuarial”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we hold about you and provides information on how we collect and process your personal data when you use our careers website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. Any updates will be posted to this page.
First Actuarial LLP is the "data controller" of the personal information collected. This means we are responsible for deciding what personal data about you is needed and how it should be protected.
Why do we hold this information?
We hold your personal data:
- Because you provided it to us yourself by either registering on our careers website or emailing us to hear about careers opportunities
- On the basis that it is necessary in our legitimate interests in fulfilling our staffing requirements and to ensure you are suitable for the role we are offering.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Career Data includes your covering letter, your CV, education history, career history information, employment references, details of your qualifications, references and proof of ID such as your passport.
How is your personal data collected?
We may collect your personal data when:
- You email us asking to hear about future career opportunities.
- You register on our website to apply for a job vacancy.
- You contact us in response to a job vacancy we advertise on our website.
- If you send us information to apply for a role with us on a speculative basis.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which is to consider and assess your suitability to join First Actuarial and to contact you.
If you are a successful candidate, it will be kept at part of your human resources record. Please note, the information we collect as part of the recruitment process will not be used for any other purpose.
Who do we share information with?
The information you provide will be used by First Actuarial. Should we take up references we may need to disclose limited information to your referees.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
However, generally speaking:
- If you apply for a vacancy and are unsuccessful in your application we will keep your data for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 1 year from the later of the date you applied or the date of any interview.
- Should you be successful in your application then any data will be kept as part of your Human Resources record. You will be provided with further information on the data we hold on staff when you join.
- If you did not apply for a specific vacancy and asked to be kept informed of future opportunities we will need your data for a maximum of 1 year.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
You may contact us for further details on how we use your personal information, or with any other questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your rights, in the following ways:Data Protection
First Actuarial LLP
Last reviewed: 9 June 2022